Why Buy Electric Vehicles
During your Tinley Park travels, you’ve likely seen an increase in the number of electric vehicles on the road — and for good reason! EVs are steadily becoming more popular as drivers realize all of the benefits they offer over gasoline-powered vehicles. If you’ve been apprehensive about becoming the owner of an electric vehicle, the team World Kia Joliet is here to tell you about the many perks of EV ownership. Keep reading to find out more!
What are the Perks of Kia Electric Cars?
There are many advantages to owning an EV vs. a standard internal combustion vehicle. Here’s a breakdown of some of the perks of Kia electric cars:
- Kia electric vehicles have a lower cost of ownership. It can be quite expensive to keep your vehicle in the best condition. However, electric cars are cheaper to maintain than gasoline-powered vehicles. Also, Kia electric cars don’t require regular services like oil changes, transmission flushes, and more.
- EVs have advanced technological features. Kia electric vehicles come well-equipped with high-tech features, such as information displays with systems that monitor energy usage.
- Owning an electric vehicle has major environmental impacts. Drivers can use solar, wind, or other renewable sources to charge their EV, without emitting any emissions into the atmosphere! Even if you use grid power to charge your EV, they’re generally less harmful to the environment.
In addition to the previously mentioned benefits, many used EVs are extremely affordable! So if you’ve been looking for a fuel-efficient vehicle for sale in the Plainfield or the New Lenox area, Kia electric vehicles are a smart buy.
What You Should Know Before Buying a Kia Electric Vehicle
Prepare Your Garage for Your EV
While the number of EV charging stations throughout the United States is increasing, there aren’t as many available around Lockport as there are gas stations. As a result, you’ll want to get your garage ready by installing the necessary charging station. There are two types of charging stations you may be eligible for, Level 1 or Level 2, and if you’re unsure of which one you need, feel free to contact us for assistance!
Locate Any Charging Stations Around or Near Joliet
Along with at-home charging, you can also charge your EV at a public charging station. These locations are perfect if you need to top off your battery while you work or run errands. Plus, public charging stations may charge your EV more quickly than your charging station at home.
Find Out If You’re Eligible for Any Tax Credits
Even though EVs may cost more than regular gas cars at the moment, as more automakers continue to “electrify” their lineups, they may become just as affordable — if not more so — than gas-powered vehicles. And when you opt for one of our Kia electric cars, you may be eligible for a tax credit!
Which is Cheaper: An EV or a Gas-Powered Vehicle?
Many shoppers want to know whether or not Kia electric vehicles are cheaper than gas-powered vehicles, or vice versa. Here are some of our thoughts:
- Starting Price: While Kia electric vehicles cost more than comparable vehicles, this shouldn’t deter you from making the upgrade. It’s important to keep in mind that while EVs are growing in popularity, it’s still quite a niche market.
- Available Incentives: When shopping for an EV, you’ll often find more available incentives, especially federal or government ones.
- Cost to the Environment (Social Cost): Kia electric vehicles pollute less than gas vehicles and as a result, taxpayers pay less!
Shop for a New Kia Electric Car at World Kia Joliet
Now that you know more about the benefits and costs of owning an EV, feel free to reach out to us to inquire about Kia’s alternative fuel automobiles like the Niro EV. We look forward to helping our customers get behind the wheel of more efficient vehicles!
More from World Kia Joliet
This year, Kia EV6 buyers can qualify for a $4,000 rebate through Illinois’ Climate and Equitable Jobs Act. But act quickly. The rebate is reduced to $2,000 in 2026 and only $1,000 in 2028. The EV6 is fun to drive, with plenty of room in the front and back. Kia says you can replenish 70…
View World Kia Joliet EV6 Inventory!
There are many reasons to buy a car. Some want an impressive car, a fast car, an economy car. For most drivers, day-to-day activities take the highest consideration. Buyers should ask themselves several questions: Do you have a long commute? How many passengers? With so many features, what will you need? Do you want phone…